Reaction towards war in Afghanistan.
During the discussion my cousin and I had based on the Afghanistan War my thought on it remained the same. First of all, we agreed that the Afghanistan War is not only affecting our economy but also keeping us away from focusing on issues we have here in our country. Secondly, we also agreed that Terrorism can’t be fully eliminated but contained; even though we fight against it, it will still be around. Therefore, if we keep fighting terrorism and end up winning this war, sooner or later we predict our country would face some kind of terrorism act or threat. It is hard for the Afghans to get used to having soldiers there all the time killing innocent ones to protect others. I can understand why they don’t want us there but in my belief, I think we should only help them if they want it.
Overall, I was surprised how much my cousin knew about this topic, I thought she would’ve known less. We agreed on basically everything throughout our discussion. Although, I still had to help her support some of her arguments with facts, I can say we had a good time discussing this topic. We couldn’t debate if our country should stay there or pullout though.
Alex – What specific issues is the war keeping us from addressing? Good point on containing terrorism. However, is this a similar tactic (containment) that was used during the Cold War Era? Was this successful? Isn’t our nation constantly under the threat of terrorism? Hasn’t there been some kind of fighting in Afghanistan for the past forty years? You provide some good information, and I am glad this was a positive experience for you. However, be sure to double check your facts and make sure you organize your thoughts into well-constructed paragraphs. Content 5; Organization 5; Total 30/36.
ReplyDelete